Sunday, November 1, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist...

Since Nico has all of his teeth except his two-year molars, I thought I should call the pediatric dentist to set up an appointment. They were able to see us the very next day! So I rushed to the library to get a couple of books about going to the dentist to help familiarize him with the idea. Of course he wasn't interested in the books. Oh well, I tried. All in all, he did pretty well. He got to pick out a toothbrush (Diego) for them to use on his teeth. Then the hygienist took to his teeth. This is when he lost it. I don't blame him, I wouldn't like being restrained and having some stranger brushing my teeth. After she finished with that she brushed a fluoride treatment on his pearly whites. Then the dentist came in to take a peek. He started screaming all over again. They said it was actually good that he was crying...it was easier to see into his mouth that way. Maybe they were just saying that to make me feel better :) It looks like the little man is going to have my teeth...crowded! Braces, here we come!
Riding the pony. They had all sorts of fun things for the kids (and parents) to do in the waiting room. No, I did not ride the pony, but they did have Ms. Pacman :)
Playing with his cars while waiting for the dentist to visit.

1 comment:

Nurse Pamela said...

Who is your pediatric dentist? We may have to take Harry to one, his dental anxiety is way up there, and although he's made it though 2 visits already, our dentist thinks he can benefit from sedation....