Monday, June 23, 2008

What's new...














Well, we went to the doctor today for Nico's 4 month check up...I know...it's hard to believe he is already 4 months old!!! He is doing great. He weighs 16lbs., 7oz. (80 percentile) and is 27.3" tall/long (101 percentile) or however you measure it when they can't stand up on their own ;). Dr. Forbess said we were free to start Nico on solid food. That includes rice cereal (we would mix it with milk to an oatmeal consistency) and pureed fruits and veggies. I think we are going to take it pretty slow since the little man is still sleeping through the night without the extra calories. Maybe when we get back from Matt and Sarah's wedding this weekend we will start on this adventure. He also got several shots today :( But, he did really good. He only cried for a minute. And I only teared up for a minute.
Before we headed to the mean old doctor we had Nico's pictures made at Sears. They do a pretty good job for what you pay. He did really well here, too. He only cried after he did a face plant into the studio floor (from a sitting position on the floor)! He was sitting, propped up, in a little wedge thingy they have. I turned away for, literally, one second to grab the burp cloth to wipe the drool off of his face and over he went. I think it just scared him more than anything. He is OK...no bumps or bruises. I guess I need to go ahead and prepare myself. He's a little boy and he's going to get hurt...a lot!

I posted some of Nico's 3 month pictures that my friend Krystal took last month. She is awesome. I know I say that every time, but she is! I hope you enjoy!!!

3 comments:

The Roap Family said...

The 3 month pictures are so great!!! I hope things work out so she can do Emmas year pics! Yay for solid foods, he is getting so big!

Bethany Patton said...

You guys are the cutest family.

Zach and Kim said...

Your pictures are so good. Nico is adorable. I hope we start sleeping through the night consistantly!