Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July and S'mores...

These 2 things seem to go hand in hand, so I thought I would combine the posts. David had to work on July 4th, so our day wasn't too different than any other week day. Nico and I visited the gym, ate lunch at home and then rested (he is desperately trying to drop his naps so I have to take what I can get) before Giggy and Wampus came over for a cookout. When David got home we stuffed our faces and then headed to an awesome fireworks display in Mt. Juliet (neighboring town). The show lasted about 30 minutes. It took us about 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. Needless to say, next year will will strategically park near the exit. I bought stuff for us to make s'mores on the 4th, but we were too stuffed to make them. So later that week we attempted s'mores on the grill. Pretty successful!
Bigfoot waiting for the fireworks to start.
Giggy and Nico
(yes we were sitting in a parking lot)
Wow, we look sweaty! It was pretty humid...
Nico's first s'more. He wasn't a fan of the marshmallow, so I made him a peanut butter, chocolate and graham cracker s'more. Yum!
Sweet boy!
Look at his thumb...he has the weirdest thumbs. It's like they are double jointed...it makes for hard hand holding :)

No comments: