Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday...

My sweet baby boy turned 2 today. So bittersweet. I love to see him grow and learn and explore, but as he becomes more independent the less he is my baby. The times are getting fewer and more far between when he wants to snuggle his mommy. Just today, while I was making his birthday lunch (pancakes, eggs and sausage) he kept asking me to hold him. I should have just stopped and held my baby boy, but I didn't...just kept cooking and putting him off-"Mommy has to finish making lunch", I said. As I write this my eyes are filling with tears. I think I'll stop next time, sweep him up in my arms and cherish the moment. We have been so blessed with this amazing little boy. He is the smartest, sweetest miracle. He makes me laugh every day. He makes me, me. I love you, Nico. Happy Birthday!
After Papa got home we took little man to Target to pick out a toy of his choice. After walking through the toy section with a pink and purple microphone, he luckily decided on a toy tractor trailer truck. Then it was off to Chuck E. Cheese to meet Giggy and Wampus to play games. Lastly, we all headed to McDougal's for chicken fingers, fries and ice cream.
Playing skee-ball. It's all in the follow-through!
Nico and Chuck E. Cheese
Beating his Papa at air hockey!
Sweet little monkey!
And a BIG kiss from his Giggy!





3 comments:

Tracy Williams said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy! I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. You are one lucky guy to have such awesome parents! Love you all!

The Roap Family said...

Happy Birthday Nico!!!

Fisher Family said...

You made me cry by this post! Im there with you. We must stop in those moments and savor them! Few and far between...Happy Birthday Nico