Friday, April 10, 2009

Nico Turns ONE!!!

Our sweet baby boy turned one back on February 22. I can't believe how fast the first year went! We are so thankful to have such a happy, healthy, rambunctious son! We are TOTALLY in love with our little man. It is bittersweet that he's growing up, but I guess that is how you measure successful parenting. Happy Birthday sweet baby boy!
David's parents were gracious enough to let us host Nico's birthday party at their house in Madison, AL. We had lots of family and friends there to help us celebrate. One of the best memories from the day is that Nico wouldn't touch his cake. At one point, I got a little on my finger and put it in his mouth...he gagged! I tasted the cake and it wasn't that bad ;) Another funny thing that happened (which, come to think of it, may have led to the cake incident) was that Nico started crying when we sang 'Happy Birthday' to him! He usually cries when he hears a slow song. Weird, I know! Most kids like when their mommies sing to them!
Waiting on papa to finish makng pancakes. I think we've started a family tradition!
Nico's personal birthday cake...it's a HUGE cupcake!
Being mischievious, as usual :)
Monkey cake attempt #2. I am pretty proud of myself!
Taking in all of his wonderful gifts.





No comments: